Thomas M. Jackson Jr.
- Hillsville: 276.728.3737
- Wytheville: 276.777.7609
- Offices: Hillsville and Wytheville Virgina
- Practice Areas: Criminal, Civil, Real Estate, Wills & Estates, Medicaid Planning, Condemnation, Social Security, Personal Injury
Thomas M. Jackson Jr. has been a practicing attorney in Virginia since 1982. As founder of The Jackson Law Group, formerly known as Jackson & Associates, he has enjoyed an active trial practice that spans personal injury and wrongful death, criminal representation, civil suits, and representation of landowners in condemnation cases. He has extensive experience in real estate, from litigation of boundary lines and right of way disputes to handling complex real estate closings. He has developed expertise in the area of wills and estates, having consistently served over the years as Estate Administrator or counsel for estates. He has expanded his practice in recent years to include estate and Medicaid planning for the elderly.
Jackson grew up in Wythe County on a family dairy farm where his ancestors settled in the late 1700s. His trial practice includes both federal and state court cases. Jackson served in the Virginia legislature from 1988-to 2002 as a member of the House of Delegates and then subsequently served as President of the Virginia Board of Education for three years. Tom Jackson Jr. has served as Chairman of the Board of Directors of Skyline National Bank and its predecessor, Grayson National Bank, since 2011.
- Hampton Sydney College | 1979, cum laude
- J.D., Marshall Wythe School of Law-College of William and Mary | 1982
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- Virginia State Courts
- Bankruptcy, Western District of Virginia