Virginia Personal Injury Lawyer
Call The Jackson Law Group before Calling the Insurance Company
Motor vehicle accidents remain a serious public safety hazard in Virginia. The Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles reports that approximately 65,000 people are injured in collisions each year. After a major crash, you need financial compensation to pay your medical bills and support the people you care about most. Unfortunately, insurance companies and their adjusters try to get accident victims agreeing to settle their own cases as quickly and cheaply as possible. In fact, the goal of insurance companies is to settle claims as quickly and cheaply as possible. Sadly, we hear horror stories from clients, such as low ball offers and adjusters telling victims their settlement offer will expire at the end of the day. Adjusters may also try to take advantage of accident victims before they contact an experienced personal injury attorney. Do not let this happen to you. At The Jackson Law Group, our Hillsville and Wytheville car accident attorneys fight aggressively to protect the rights of victims and their families. We will take immediate action to get you justice and full financial compensation. Call us now a free, no obligation initial consultation.
We Handle the Full Range of Motor Vehicle Accident Injury Claims
With extensive experience representing injured victims, we have helped many people navigate claims and recover the financial compensation that they rightfully deserve. No matter the nature or severity of your crash, our Hillsville and Wytheville car accident attorneys are ready to get started on your case. At The Jackson Law Group, we take on the full spectrum of motor vehicle accident claims, including:
- Car accidents;
- Pedestrian collisions;
- Bike accidents;
- Motorcycle crashes; and
- Commercial truck accidents.
What to Know About Virginia’s Auto Accident Laws
For the most part, motor vehicle accident claims are governed at the state level. As Virginia has some unique car crash laws, it is important that you have a basic understanding of your rights and your responsibilities. Here are four important things that you should know about Virginia’s car accident laws:
- You Should Report a Crash: As a driver, you have a legal obligation to report an accident to law enforcement if any person was injured in the collision. If you want to bring a car accident injury claim, please make sure that your crash is reported to the police. An officer can write an official accident report—documenting that the collision happened.
- There is a Two-Year Statute of Limitations: You must take action before the statute of limitations runs out. In Virginia, car accident claims are regulated by a two-year statutory deadline. You have two years from the date of the wreck to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you do not take action, the court will not hear the case. Do not wait to get started. Building a successful car accident claim takes time. Protect yourself by calling an experienced Virginia personal injury attorney right away.
- Car Accident Liability is Based on ‘Fault’: Virginia is a fault-based auto accident jurisdiction. To hold another party liable for your accident, you must prove their culpability. In practice, this means providing evidence that shows that the defendant’s negligence (reckless or careless behavior) contributed to the crash. Negligence comes in many different forms—from motorists texting while driving to trucking companies failing to adequately maintain their vehicles.
- Virginia Uses a Harsh ‘Contributory Negligence’ Standard: Virginia is one of the only remaining U.S. jurisdictions that uses the ultra-harsh contributory negligence standard. Under Virginia law, you cannot recover compensation for an accident if you are found partially at fault. Do not get unfairly blamed for a car accident—it could take a lot of money out of your pocket. Our Wytheville and Hillsville car accident attorneys will protect you from an unjust finding of liability.
The Jackson Law Group Will Maximize Your Financial Compensation
Following a serious traffic collision, you need money to pay medical bills and support yourself and your family. Under Virginia law, you can seek monetary compensation for economic and intangible damages. Sadly, the big insurance carriers never make the claims process easy on people. They have honed many tricks and strategies focused on minimizing settlement offers. At The Jackson Law Group, our Virginia car accident lawyers know how to hold insurance companies accountable. Do not settle your claim for less than full value—we will fight to maximize your compensation. You may be able to recover money damages for:
- Emergency medical treatment;
- Medical bills and other costs;
- Rehabilitative care;
- Mental health counseling;
- Loss of current and future wages;
- Pain and suffering;
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement;
- Long-term disability; and
- Wrongful death of a close loved one.
Don’t Sign Medical Release Forms
Insurance adjusters use high pressure tactics so victims will sign broad medical record releases. The medical releases can be used to obtain old medical records to find “pre existing conditions.” This reduces the value of your claim. Do not sign medical release forms before talking to a personal injury lawyer about your case.
Beware of Recorded Statements
Insurance adjusters request you provide a recorded statement immediately after the accident. Attempting to figure out who was at fault. This recorded statement is critical for your case! These adjusters are trained in asking questions in ways to confuse accident victims. Virginia’s law relating to car accidents called “contributory negligence” means if an accident victim is at fault in any way, even 1%, the victim can NOT recover for their injuries. Unfortunately, getting confused and answering these questions incorrectly means your claim can be denied. Legal representation will help you avoid being in this situation.
We Will Help You with Your Claim
Contact us before speaking to the insurance adjuster or signing any medical records releases. The Jackson Law Group is experienced dealing with insurance companies and adjusters. We handle a broad range of personal injury cases from catastrophic injuries and wrongful death to smaller fender benders, regularly. We will help you navigate through insurance claims and to get the compensation you deserve.
Why Work With Virginia Car Accident Lawyers at The Jackson Law Group
At The Jackson Law Group, our attorneys in Hillsville and attorneys in Wytheville along with our staff treat you with respect, giving your case the personal attention you expect from a professional. You are a real person with real concerns, deserving the highest quality legal services. So we treat clients like our family. If you were injured in an auto accident, we are ready to help. For a free, fully confidential review of your case, please contact our law firm at (276) 777-7609 or send us a message online. From our law offices in Wytheville and Hillsville, we handle car accident injury claims throughout the entire region, including in Carroll County, Wythe County, Pulaski County, Grayson County, Smyth County, Floyd County, and Bland County. CONTACT OUR FIRM
$1.3 Million Dollar Settlement
A local resident, who is a pillar of his community, was involved in a serious automobile accident while traveling out of state. When he was in the hospital recovering from his severe injuries, his family contacted The Jackson Law Group to represent him. Immediately taking a flight to the hospital to help the family, Tom handled the initial stages of paperwork and insurance issues during such a difficult and stressful time for the victim’s family. Tom and Tee Jackson handled the case and quickly securing the gentleman a $1.3 million dollar settlement without going to court. The client refers to working with The Jackson Law Group below… Read More
Our Skilled Attorneys
Why Work With Our Team at our Law Firm?
At The Jackson Law Group, our attorneys in Hillsville and attorneys in Wytheville along with our staff treat you with respect, giving your case the personal attention you expect from a professional. You are a real person with real concerns, deserving the highest quality legal services. So we treat clients like our family.Contact Us Today